Wednesday 5 February 2014

Dear diary...

Since I started teaching, my love of sketching and drawing had to take a back seat and did so for many years. As a child, I sketched endlessly and my works of art' were strewn everywhere.  In a bid to reignite this passion my younger sister bought me this incredible visual journal as a present:


You are required to draw one sketch a day, for a whole year.  I recently completed this and the process of looking back at the year's drawings brings me such childish delight.  Many of my pictorial representations of the day are related to my teaching but here is a sample of all sorts of daily visual gems:


Why not try something like this?  You could even ask a different student a day to create a sketch; imagine a whole wall filled with a year's worth of their creations.  Now that would be masterpiece!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out of your busy life to write a comment.