Saturday 18 April 2015

Free just for me...

    I've mentioned before that I have an intolerance to wheat and cow's milk. In order to enjoy a lot of the things I did before, I have to couple creativity with research! I used to bake quite a lot but there was a lull when I learned about my dietary restrictions. However, I'm getting round that by stocking the larder with wheat-free flours and alternatives to butter/margarine (sunflower spread) and milk (rice milk). These fairy cakes came out really well for a first attempt. I simply followed a standard fairy cake recipe and substituted the necessary ingredients with ones I could tolerate.
    I'll be honest, there is trial and error involved when you're replacing key ingredients but if you can't give up the sweet goods, that keeps you going!
    I've just found a mouth-watering recipe for rich frosted chocolate brownies. I plan on giving this a whirl in the coming weeks and I'll be sure to share the outcome with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out of your busy life to write a comment.