Saturday 14 November 2015

In solidarity...

Now, more than ever, I truly appreciate my job as an educator. Education drives out ignorance, bigotry and intolerance. Like many of you, I am struggling to make sense of the horrific events that unfolded in Paris yesterday. I am full of so many questions and I know my youngsters will be too, on Monday. It is our duty to present young people with the facts and the facts are simple: no religion encourages bloodshed in its name. However, that doesn't stop people from using their faith to push an agenda, even a destructive one. The way to stop them from succeeding, from creating a culture of distrust and conflict among different religions and races, is to stand in solidarity. It. Is. That. Simple.
I needed an outlet for the many emotions that were welling up inside, so I created this. Friends have asked if they can use it on various social media platforms. Feel free to use as you please...spread the message far and wide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out of your busy life to write a comment.