Wednesday 23 December 2015

No soap and drama here...

    If you've read my earlier posts, you'll know I'm a fan of natural soap. I recently stocked up (I like to buy in bulk) and thought I'd blog about my latest purchases.
    The packaged bar on the left is the one that I use on my body (banana and honey). Typical soap dries my skin out and makes it itchy and flaky. This is 100% natural and contains other nourishing ingredients like Shea butter and coconut oil.   The one on the right is my hair soap. It's a Butter Bar that contains mango, Shea, cocoa butter, almond and Jojoba oil. The company says that it's ideal for dry and coloured hair. The ingredients sound so divine and nourishing - almost edible!
    If you're curious about what it's like to use a product like this, I can say that it takes a bit of getting used to (in a good way). Typical shampoo from a bottle lathers up a storm. However, this natural hair soap produces no lather whatsoever. That's because it's free from chemicals like sodium lauryl sulfate. This seems to serve no purpose, other than to create the foaminess that consumers wrongly equate with effectiveness. This is more about changing a mindset though. I also like to leave the product in my hair for a few minutes, to boost the positive impact. As well as this, your hair won't feel silky to the touch after it's been washed out. Typical bottled shampoo contains silicone that coats and lubricates your hair so there is still product left in after the rinse. When you have washed the natural shampoo from your hair, it feels clean. I mean really, really clean of product and gunk.
   The final points in favour of my Funky Soap purchases: less hair disappearing down the plughole and the value for money. One hair bar goes much further than a bottle. So I dare you - make the switch if you're brave enough!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous and thanks for letting me know about Funky Soap. Sounds perfect. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy life to write a comment.