Friday 17 July 2015

Holiday reading...

     I am a week into the glorious summer break and now wrestling with suitcases and packing. As ever, it's a David vs Goliath type battle as I try to condense a mountain of items to fit the airline requirements. I am going on a month-long vacation abroad with my family and as usual, I am taking plenty of reading matter.
     In my trove of literature I have the much talked about 'The Girl on the Train' by Paula Hawkins; John Green's 'Paper Towns' (because I surprised myself by enjoying 'The Fault in Our Stars'); the intriguingly titled 'The Hundred-Year-Old Man who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared' by Jonas Jonasson and Harper Lee's 'To Kill A Mockingbird' (not pictured) and 'Go Set a Watchman'.
     The eagle-eyed among you would have spotted two DVD box sets. I am using the time away to catch-up on series that I neglected during term time. I discovered Supernatural and Arrow way after everyone else so will be playing catch-up until the series come to their respective ends (perish the thought!). I will be packing season 2 of Arrow and season 8 of SPN.
     I don't know about you but I find un-cracked book spines and pristine box-sets irresistible. I can't wait to crack and unwrap! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out of your busy life to write a comment.