Thursday 9 July 2015

Starry eyed...

The end of the academic year is tantalisingly close! When I'm in the midst of the continuous whirlwind that is teaching, I wonder how I'll make it to the end. Yet make it I do, as do countless others, again and again. It's at this time of the year that the Gold Stars come out. Our Principal invites us to take as many as we want, to give to other staff members. They're big enough to write a message of appreciation on or can speak volumes when given on their own. We constantly praise and reward our students but it's nice for the staff to acknowledge this in one another too. I received a gold star from one of my incredibly thoughtful colleagues, with a cone of popcorn attached! Since I can't eat cakes or chocolate (food intolerance), she made me something that I can ingest. The effort and thought that went into it is what makes it really special.
Letting your colleagues know that they are appreciated, inspirational and fabulous is a small but monumental act. A massive thank you to the one who put a huge smile on my face with the above. Consider this idea stolen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out of your busy life to write a comment.