Wednesday 1 July 2015

The post with the most...

I'm a huge fan of Post-it notes in the classroom. They are a quick and easy way of getting a snapshot of the students' ideas in relation to a particular topic. In this activity, I asked students to write down what they learned about a character in a novel we've been reading. They had to stick their ideas inside the outline; a nice reflection of the internal aspect of a person. The students needed to be succinct and precise. This meant that I could reel off each comment quickly, praising and correcting misunderstandings where relevant. There are so many uses for the humble Post-it note in the classroom - I'm sure you'll hear plenty more from me on this subject!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out of your busy life to write a comment.